The words below explain who we are and what we do, if it is helpful, they can be printed and made available for the children we work with.

Download for printing

Our staff help children and grown-ups think about their feelings. We work to help you and your family think about any difficulties and problems you may have.

We may spend time with you and your parents or sometimes with your parents alone and we may attend meetings about you and your needs.

Thinking about your problems can be painful. You may not like it. But sometimes thinking and talking about problems can be the only way to make things better.

You can ask to speak with us alone if you would like. If you would like another grown-up to speak for you we will help to arrange it.

If you don’t like anything that happens in your sessions, or if you are worried about anything, we hope you will feel able to speak to us about it. If that feels difficult, you should speak to your parents, social worker, carers, or teachers.

The government is in charge of us. If you want to complain about anything,  you can do so by writing to or telephoning :  


whose address is: Ofsted, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester,

M1 2WD,

0300 123 1231